A little imagination and hard work can help you transform something simple or forgotten into something beautiful. Let’s take pallets for an example; they are normally wooden structures used to help lift and move goods. However, you can put a used pallet to other uses, like to help around the house — especially if you repurpose the wood. Better yet, reusing these materials can help you save the planet.
We at More Shout applaud creativity, the desire to help the earth, and a can-do DIY spirit, so we’re sharing some of the most unique ways people have transformed used pallets.
1. A pallet can be made into a nifty beehive; it already comes with plenty of spaces.
© hairy_quadruped / Reddit
2. A simple pallet can help add structure to your driveway.
© Switchmisty9 / Reddit
3. Here are simple gardening tables made to withstand the outdoors.
© Alagosdor / Reddit
4. The wood can be put to use as a miniature hardwood floor, like in this van.
© GrandpaCoyote / Reddit
5. Here’s a tree swing big enough for you to enjoy with a buddy.
© IAmGregAnderson / Reddit
6. The wood can also be used to make a classic sliding barn door.
© ThingsIveCreated / Reddit
7. With a few alterations, you can have yourself an artisanal, multipurpose shelf unit.
© dhl1911 / Reddit
8. Here’s a mini skate ramp that can fit in your own backyard.
© mattricksmagic / Imgur
9. With enough material, you can even make a bedroom wall complete with a nifty tag.
© Minivanv / Imgur
10. A garden shed can be your home away from home.
© Bobbiethyname / Imgur
11. Pallets were made to help move things which is why making one into a mobile table makes total sense.
© jbryson1982 / Imgur
12. This wooden grill table will be the belle of the barbeque.
© KONKREETkahuna / Imgur
13. An outdoor leisure bench just needs a few pillows.
© jester787 / Imgur
14. With a soda fountain like this, you can open your own restaurant.
© hatchetjackson / Imgur
15. A Japanese-style platform bed like this is perfect for indulgent sleep.
© VictorKiloSierra / Imgur
16. When you make your coffee table, you can decide how important it is to use coasters.
© massivebadgers / Imgur
17. The best part of making your own bed is you get to lie down when you finish…as long as you remember the mattress.
© cyborgone2002 / Imgur
18. A trash can has never looked so good.
© ridingdutchman / Imgur
19. Your dog will appreciate having its own bed that’s just its size.
© 1sandiegan / Imgur
20. Pallets can help give you the world…if you use one to make a map like this.
© thepoopthatwaspromised / Imgur
21. When reusing old wood, using it to bring back life really gives thanks back to the earth, like with this hanging garden.
© Bluehelix / Imgur
22. These benches also double as a planter.
23. Kids can have their own little world with this playhouse.
24. This gate is sturdy but welcoming with its open spaces.
Bonus: When you run out of making things for your house, you can always just make an emergency house.
© Icweinerx2 / Reddit
When it comes to what you can make, your only limit is your imagination. Do you have any ideas on what you can make out of a used pallet or any piece of old wood? Let us know!
Preview photo credit R1. / Facebook, Foter, Foter